Inspired by the developments’ lush landscaping, greenery and trees, FOREST WOODS as a name signifies the tranquillity and serenity of living amidst nature, an expression of a rich surrounding of botany to reside in peaceful harmony.
Inspired by the historical context of “Serangoon” which is thought to be derived from the ranggong bird, a species of stork which abounded in the riverine swamps around Serangoon River or the Rangoon River, FOREST WOODS aims to capture the sense of nostalgia and lush shades of forest that is present on the existing site.
The architectural language is kept to pure forms, bridging between the landscape and the urban. The box and frame design language takes a humbler approach to compliment the landscape, allowing FOREST WOODS to grow into a living forest. The riparian nature of FOREST WOODS immediately stands out among the urban neighbourhood, recreating the experience of a sanctuary landscape in the heart of the Serangoon estate.
FOREST WOODS comprises 7 blocks of 12-storey residential towers, with a total of 519 units (approximately 46,000sqm GFA). The blocks are purposefully arranged to maximise block-to-block spacing. FOREST WOODS’ site planning concept aims to create spaciousness within an odd-shaped site. In terms of the architectural design, the blocks within FOREST WOODS are articulated by alternating frames and overlapping lines of varying depths, to create intertwining envelopes of overhanging ledges. The FOREST WOODS façade is complemented by the vibrant blue-and-green landscape that melds from a “forest walk” theme at the eastern end of the e-deck, with a more orderly and manicured design at the western end.
FOREST WOODS landscape concept is to offer a lifestyle that is to engage more with the nature. A living that is among the forest woods, celebrating the daily enjoyment together with the large range of native and exotic landscape. FOREST WOODS is more than a nest for the buyers. It’s also a platform for the kids to grow up with the nature, a place they call home.
AN ECO-FRIENDLY HOME FOR SUSTAINABLE LIVING
As a socially responsible corporation, CDL is committed to environmental sustainability. It is the only developer accorded the Built Environment Leadership Platinum Award and Green Mark Platinum Champion Award, and not to mention the first developer honoured with the Presidents’ Award for the environment in Singapore. Sustaining its green efforts, CDL is pleased to bring you yet another of its eco masterpieces – FOREST WOODS, a residence of beauty rising from a stunning landscape of greenery and blue waters.
Passive Cool Design Architecture
- Passive design approach with all blocks within FOREST WOODS oriented to minimise direct west-facing apartment units
- FOREST WOODS apartments are designed with balconies equipped with sun shading elements such as horizontal ledges, to reduce glare and solar heat gain with the living spaces
- Energy efficient air-conditioners provided to all FOREST WOODS units
- Provision of motion sensors to all common corridors, lift lobbies and common toilets within FOREST WOODS to minimise energy consumption
- Use of environmentally friendly gas water heaters in selected FOREST WOODS units
- Use of energy efficient lighting at the landscape areas and Communal Facilities
- Energy efficient lifts with VVVF (Variable Voltage Variable Frequency) drive and sleep function made to allow for low starting current during operation
- Water efficient fittings with very good ratings provided for all FOREST WOODS units
- Automatic water taps and flushing systems at common areas
- Use of automatic water efficient irrigation system with rain sensors for minimum 50% of the FOREST WOODS landscape areas
- Reduce potable water usage by harvesting rainwater and recycling for landscape irrigation
Environmental Quality and Protection
- Use of environmentally friendly products certified by approved local certification bodies
- Use of low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paints for all FOREST WOODS internal walls to reduce indoor air pollution
Other Green Features
- Extensive and dense greenery and landscape areas in FOREST WOODS
- Provision of electric vehicle charging points and sheltered bicycle lots
- Provision of community planting area to encourage recreational gardening amongst FOREST WOODS residents
- Use of pneumatic waste collection and disposal system
- Solar powered refuse bin with compactor at selected Communal Facilities
- Provision of “Green Corner” to promote recycling and awareness for sustainable best practices to FOREST WOODS residents
10 REASONS WHY YOU MUST BUY FOREST WOODS!
- 5 minutes walk from Forest Woods to Serangoon MRT & Bus Interchange. Forest Woods is well connected by public transportation either by MRT of buses.
- Great accessibility and seamless connectivity with 2 MRT Lines: North-East Line and Circle Line, and 2 major expressways: Central Expressway (CTE) and Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) to link Forest Woods residents to all corners of Singapore.
- 5 minutes walk from Forest Woods to NEX Shopping Mall, one of Singapore’s largest heartland mall with a galore of retail and Food & Beverage outlets.
- For families with school going children, Forest Woods is within *1km from Paya Lebar Methodist’s School and Yang Zheng Primary School.
- There’s something for everyone in Forest Woods with over 60 luxurious facilities. 150m Adventure Zone, 75m swimming pool, 24-hr gymnasium with state-of-the-art gym equipments, 3-storey Club House with gourmet kitchen, etc just to name a few.
- Exclusive Welcome Lobby with free wifi for Forest Wods residents and your guests.
- Functional and efficient interior layout for all Forest Woods apartmemt units, with superior fittings, high-end European branded appliances including Bosche and Franke as well as sanitary accessories from Grohe.
- All Forest Woods units will be installed with Smart Homes Automation systems.
- Forest Woods offers buyers flexible layout and choice of colour themes and finishes to suit your family needs and individual taste and preferance.
- Forest Woods is developed by a trusted and reliable developer with more than 50-years experience and track record in Singapore – City Developments Limited. CDL is Singapore’s most BCA-awarded developer.